Thank you for visiting my website. I look forward to hearing from you.
My name is Anthony Vieyra and I am a long time resident of the 35th Congressional district. I was raised in Montclair and currently live in Pomona. I am running in the new 35th district to be able to represent everybody, from my 4 month old Grandniece, to seniors like 93 year old Great Grandmother Kathryn, and everybody in between.
It is exciting that in June, you will have a chance to make history by voting for me as your member of Congress.
The ballot for the Congressional representative in the cities of Pomona, Chino, Chino Hills, Montclair, Ontario, Bloomington, and parts of Fontana and Rialto which make up the 35th district will offer 3 choices. Two are career politicians who grew up outside of the area. I am the better choice, a lifelong local resident, who is not a career politician.
I call myself an Independent Green democrat. I'm a little bit Democrat and a little bit Republican and proud to be Green, and100% committed to the Inland Empire and Pomona Valley.
Career politicians may be interested in seeking money for themselves from corporations and special interests that may include entities such as casinos and gambling, big banks and credit companies, political action committees, lobbyists, corporate insiders, and wealthy individuals who want and receive special favors.
A politician who accepts money from a corporation not only corrupts him or herself, but also the corporation that offers the money.
Recently we have heard of Government officials frivolously spending $800,000 of our money at a Las Vegas conference, and Secret Service officials engaged in misconduct in Columbia.
We need to clean up bad government.
I promise you that as a candidate and as an elected public official, I will not seek or accept money from special interests.
I pledge to you that I will work hard to reclaim for all of us the respect and dignity our government and our country should have.
Of the 3 candidates running for Congress in the 35th District, only one will be able to work easily with either a Republican or Democrat President. I am that candidate.
I am not in this race for money, power, or to play favorites.
"Politics isn't about big money or power games; it's about the improvement of people's lives" Paul Wellstone
Other candidates in this race may boast of having political experience, but what does that mean? It means that the other candidates have experience at accepting lots of money from special interests, then sometimes even passing that money on to family members, foundations and friends, while smiling and telling the public, "See, I'm working for you!"
My experience comes from earning a real living in the real world, including the defense and information industry, the Department of Treasury, and in the financial industry.
I am in the race to bring back opportunity and prosperity to the Inland Empire and Pomona Valley. I am going to keep jobs here, to promote companies to return with good jobs, to bring home our servicemen and servicewomen.
This is my hope for the future: To reclaim America by the people and for the people.
My election to Congress will help to balance work and families, bring jobs closer to home, and keep families from losing their homes. I will work to give families time in the evenings and on weekends to share with each other.
Some of my top priorities include:
- Making the Inland Empire/Pomona Valley my priority!
- Bringing back jobs with better wages.
- Returning to a fair and progressive tax code that does not favor the extremely wealthy or corporations.
- Making education available for everybody with little or no cost.
- Stopping increases in education fees.
- Offering better support for our schools and teachers.
- Building more schools.
- Providing health care for all so that everybody can pursue their American dream without fear of illness.
- Improving our freeways, roads and infrastructure.
- Making sure the area is prepared for any disaster.
Moving America into the 21st century by building up our internet, allowing everybody equal access to the Internet and promoting network neutrality (where internet service providers cannot give preferential treatment to whomever they prefer or by offering the internet up for sale).
Continuing to support scientific research and education to improve our lives. Keeping our air, water, and food clean.
Reduce our involvement in foreign wars and rebuilding other countries, which is costing us over $2 billion a week. Return our troops. Our pledge of support to other countries will be with services, not money or arming them for wars.
Saving our Planet
- Continue to promote the following; conservation, efficiency, renewable energy sources and research and development.
- We need to continue saving our planet by reducing carbon emissions – by working towards implementation of Green Energy.
- Eliminate Nuclear power until we can find a safe way to produce it and dispose of its poisonous waste.
- America needs leaders in congress and I promise to be an outspoken leader in the fight for the trust and prosperity that the Inland Empire and Pomona Valley has been missing for the last 13 years.
- I'm excited to be running for Congress at this historical time when Americans are realizing that the causes of our political and economic dysfunction are the career politicians.
- In the coming weeks and months, I'll visit every city in the 35th Congressional District to meet and listen to real people, not with political insiders and big campaign donors.
- I will ask what you would like to see in a Congressional Representative and take it to heart.
I am the younger, smarter, stronger, candidate who has the integrity and honesty that can only come from someone who was born and raised in the Inland Empire / Pomona Valley.
Thank you Gracias a Todos Salamat Cam On Muito Obrigado Grazie Todah Shokrun Daw Jeh Tak Danke schoen Go raibh mile maith agat Domo arrigato Na gode Fa'afetai Tapadh Leibh Ahsante Sana Dhanyavaad Mahalo